Bring more resources to the nonprofits that are changing our world.
We can all agree: there are real challenges in the world, and nonprofits are tackling those challenges with gusto. Read the stories of any one of our 140 nonprofit members and at its heart, you'll find a charity with a compelling mission and a fierce determination to solve a serious problem.
We can also agree that nonprofits need support to sustain their important work. There are a variety of fundraising paths, but workplace giving is one of the absolute efficient and effective methods available -- yet it is often overlooked. We could go on and on about why workplace giving matters, and we have, but here are the overarching reasons why workplace giving is so important:
It's better for donors.
- Donors are in the driver's seat. It depends on the program, of course, but most donors get to choose when, how, and who they give to.
- The charities donors choose from are pre-vetted and donations are tax-deductible.
- Donors can give more over time. A little is deducted from paychecks all year long which means donors don't feel the impact all at once and can make a more generous gift overall. And ask any charity - every donation, no matter the amount, helps.
- It's easy to do.
- Donors make a real difference with every donation, no matter the size of the donation.
It's better for nonprofits.
- Workplace giving is a single, coordinated appeal, instead of hundreds of appeals and drives and fundraising events, decreasing the administrative burden on charities significantly.
- Charities receive one check quarterly for multiple donations - again, reducing their administrative requirements.
- Donations are unrestricted, so nonprofits can use funds in areas where they are needed most.
- Nonprofits can count on funds all year long and plan accordingly to sustain their programs, services, and day-to-day operations throughout the year.
- Comprehensive support is provided because workplace giving donors give on average five times more.
It's better for employers who host giving campaigns because workplace giving:
- Engages employees. *87% of employers understand there is an expectation to support causes that are important to employees.
- Attracts and retains talent. *Nearly 71% of workplace donors say that they want to work for employers who have missions and principles that align with their own personal values.
- Builds a strong culture. *71% of employees say it's imperative or very important to work where the culture is supportive of giving and volunteering.
- Meets employees' expectations. *85% of companies say their employees expect them to provide opportunities to engage in the community.
- Helps employers achieve better corporate profitability and greater social impact. 74% of global CEOs say measuring and reporting total non-financial impact contributes to long-term success, according to PwC's Annual Global CEO Survey 2014.
*Data from our new report, Snapshot 2017: What Employees Think about Workplace Giving, Volunteering, and CSR.
Download our free research reports to learn more about workplace giving’s impact on employee donors, charities, and employers.
Join the workplace giving movement!
Through our work with businesses and nonprofits, America’s Charities is poised to raise $1 billion for worthy causes by 2026. Be part of the workplace giving movement and help us bring more resources to the nonprofits that are changing our world.
Already an America's Charities Client or Member?
Clients: Log in to our Client Resource Center for more examples of ways your business and employees can make an impact, along with resources to help grow your program and leverage America's Charities' workplace giving solutions.
Members: Log in to our Member Resource Center to download the member toolkit, read the latest news impacting you, take advantage of the benefits we offer members, learn about the discounts we offer through our partnerships, and more.