We acknowledge your right:
- To know what purpose the information gathered might be used.
- To know with what other entities the information gathered might be shared.
- To reasonable security of any data collected.
- To data accuracy and fidelity.
- To access to data gathered to ensure accuracy and fidelity.
- To choose not to be included in any use of the data unrelated to the stated purpose for which the data was collected.
- To choose not to be included in any transfer of data to any third party for any use unrelated to the stated purpose for which the data was collected.
Information We Collect About You
Information You Provide. We and our service providers collect any information that you provide when you use the Online Platforms, including when you create an account, make a donation, or contact us with questions or comments.
The information that you provide us can include, but is not limited to:
- Information provided by you when accessing services through the Online Platforms, such as your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, username, password, and other registration information.
- Credit or debit card, bank account, or other transaction-related information collected from you when requesting a service (such as an online pledge).
- Information you provide us through customer service correspondence and general feedback.
Information Automatically Collected From You. We and our service providers may automatically collect certain technical information from your computer or mobile device over time and across different websites when you use the Online Platforms, such as your Internet Protocol address, your general geographic location, your browser type, your operating system, the pages you view on the Online Platforms, the pages you view immediately before and after you access the Online Platforms, and the search terms you enter on the Online Platforms . This information allows us to recognize you and personalize your experience if you return to the Online Platforms, and to improve the Online Platforms and the services we provide. We and our service providers may collect this information using “cookies,” which are small text files that the Online Platforms save on your computer using your web browser and access when you return, or similar technologies.
How We Use Information We Collect
We may use the information we collect for a number of purposes, including but not limited to:
- providing you with services or information you request;
- contacting you about the services you order or important changes to the Online Services. Because this information may be important to your use of the Online Services, the fulfillment of your request, or required by Federal regulation, you may not opt-out of receiving such communications;
- delivering marketing communications, promotional materials, or advertisements that may be of interest to you;
- allowing us to improve the Online Services and the services we provide;
- generating and analyzing statistics about your use of the Online Platforms;
- helping our advertisers and sponsors better understand our users (provided that for such purposes we only use de-identified information); and
- detecting, preventing, and responding to fraud, intellectual property infringement, violations of law, or other misuse of the Online Platforms.
How We Disclose Your Information:
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to data. These measures include internal and external reviews of our data collection, storage, and processing practices and security measures, including physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We may disclose the information we collect from you through the Online Platforms:
- to third parties that provide services to us in connection with fulfilling your requests, including, but not limited to, third parties that provide payment processing services, third parties that help us maintain an accounting of contributions, and your payroll office;
- to business partners that may deliver marketing communications, promotional materials, or advertisements that may be of interest to you;
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, or to comply with government reporting obligations;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary (a) to protect our rights, the integrity of the Online Platforms, or your safety or the safety of others, or (b) to detect, prevent, or respond to fraud, intellectual property infringement, violations of law, or other misuse of the Online Platforms; and
- to service providers, advisors, potential transactional partners, or other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a corporate transaction in which we are acquired by or merged with another company or we sell, liquidate, or transfer all or a portion of our assets.
If your contact information changes, if you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us or to have us share your information with third parties for marketing purposes, or if you wish to inquire about the information we have collected about you, please submit a request at the contact information listed below.