Improving Educational Opportunities
America’s Charities Scholarship Program provides organizations an efficient way to manage application administration, secure scholarship funding, award tax-free scholarships, and distribute scholarship funds to educational institutions.
America’s Charities administers scholarship programs for organizations who want to provide tax-free awards that can be used to assist scholarship awardees with expenses such as, tuition and fees required for enrollment or attendance at an educational institution, or for fees, books, supplies, and equipment required for courses at an educational institution.
Build a Better-educated Workforce
The cost of higher education is an enormous barrier for individuals hoping to advance their educations and careers, particularly for working adults and non-traditional students. As reported by Forbes, “in 1980, the price to attend a four-year college full-time was $10,231 annually—including tuition, fees, room and board, and adjusted for inflation—according to the National Center for Education Statistics. By 2019-20, the total price increased to $28,775. That’s a 180% increase.”
With a scholarship program, you can help your employees overcome these financial challenges by investing in the employee experience—specifically, their career and skills development. Scholarship programs can help you retain top talent who crave the opportunity to broaden their skills, as well as with recruiting new hires looking for an employer who will support their professional growth.
Improve Educational Opportunities for the Community
As a recent report from Georgetown University highlights, ““Today, two out of three jobs require postsecondary education and training, while three out of four jobs in the 1970s required a high school diploma or less. Yet while young people today need more education than ever to compete in the labor market, a college education is more expensive than in the past.”
Incorporating scholarships as part of your corporate social responsibility objectives can help bridge gaps and barriers to education. A community that is better educated has less unemployment, reduced dependence on public assistance programs, greater tax revenue, reduced crime, improved public health, and greater civic engagement.
Why Partner With America's Charities?
We make it easy by providing direction on scholarship policy, managing the scholarship application process, providing donation technology to secure scholarship funding, distributing scholarship money to educational institutions, and offering marketing and communications support.
Whether your organization wants to scale an existing scholarship program, needs to outsource administration of its program for tax or legal purposes, or simply needs help creating a scholarship program from scratch, outsourcing your company’s scholarship program to America’s Charities offers special advantages and support, including:
More Flexibility and Tax Advantages
Scholarships awarded are tax-free and donations to your scholarship fund are tax-deductible when using America’s Charities to facilitate the program.
Objective Third Party Mitigates Risk
Outsourcing scholarship funds distribution and management of the sensitive application review and selection process to America’s Charities minimizes your organization’s risk and legal ramifications. America’s Charities distributes scholarship funds directly to the educational institution for the benefit of the awardee, ensuring scholarship funds are used in accordance with IRS guidelines and any applicable restrictions set by your policy.
Reduces Overhead and Administrative Burden
America’s Charities provides consistent, objective application review, conducts necessary follow up, approves awards or makes recommendations, and answers applicant questions, allowing your team to focus on program promotion and utilization, rather than administration.
Solutions And Partnership Highlights
Easy To Setup. Custom-Designed Program
With an already-established infrastructure, America’s Charities can quickly launch your scholarship program, allowing your organization to get started and scale faster.
- Each scholarship program is tailored to the parameters and qualifications provided by your organization, ensuring it aligns with your values and culture.
- Whether you need to develop a scholarship program and policies from scratch or need to outsource an existing program, America’s Charities can provide a wide range of services, including:
- Complete policy and program design
- Develop online application and documentation requirements
- Application review and follow-up
- Scholarship award approval
- Distribution of scholarship funds to educational institutions within the U.S.
- Regular reporting of scholarship activity
- On-demand applicant support
- Overall program facilitation
- Easy integration into a workplace giving, employee benefits, or company wellness program
Tax Advantages, Privacy, and Flexibility
- Because America’s Charities is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt public charity, choosing us as your partner offers your company legal and tax benefits you would not receive if you, a for-profit entity, or in-house team administered your fund.
- Each contribution to the scholarship fund is tax-deductible, and all awards made from the scholarship are tax-free.
- From designing scholarship policies and reviewing applications to making award decisions and disbursing funds, and more, designating America’s Charities as your third party administrator increases the flexibility of who can apply for your scholarship, while ensuring uniformity and impartial decision-making.
- America’s Charities stays ahead of rules and regulations so you don’t have to.
- America’s Charities’ decades of experience in corporate relationships, customer service, and funds management ensures that your scholarship program and fund is managed professionally, and we can help you determine the best way to establish your program.
- Our clients range from very large organizations -- including one of the world’s largest private research universities and a leading global healthcare solutions company; to mid-size -- including a financial institution and a shared business service; to smaller organizations -- including an energy storage company and a microbrewery.