America’s Charities inspires employees and organizations to support causes they care about. We do this to bring more resources to the nonprofits that are changing our world.
We are a 501(c)(3) membership-based nonprofit. We work at the nexus of employers, charities, and employee donors.
In our nearly 40 years as a leader in employee giving, America's Charities has raised more than $700 million for more than 20,000 nonprofits addressing causes including education, human rights, hunger, poverty, research, animal welfare, veteran assistance, disaster relief, and health services.
Founded on the principle that charitable choice—the idea that employers and employees should be able to support the causes they choose, rather than feel coerced to support specific institutions—is imperative to social impact, America's Charities has never wavered from its original purpose.
Since 1980, we have been at the forefront of workplace giving's transformation – from paper pledges to digital platforms, from giving to engagement, from traditional fall campaigns to year-round opportunities inside and outside the walls of the workplace.
America’s Charities helps the nation’s most trusted charities thrive by generating sustainable income through workplace giving and additional paths. We inspire employers and individuals to reach their philanthropic goals and support the charities of their choice.
America’s Charities is a major force in transforming and growing philanthropy.
If we succeed in our mission, we will raise $1 billion for worthy causes by 2026.
Who We Serve
- Charities – We help charities fundraise unrestricted, sustainable dollars through the workplace. Nonprofits looking to expand their participation in workplace giving and employee engagement programs partner with us as a member of America's Charities, Children First – America’s Charities, Health First – America’s Charities, or Community First – America’s Charities. Click here for a printable list of our members.
- Employers – We help employers achieve their giving, engagement, and social impact goals. Employers seeking to build or boost a strong culture; engage their employees and help them find purpose and meaning; attract, recruit, and retain talent; and ultimately achieve better corporate profitability and social impact, partner with America's Charities to launch or revitalize their workplace giving programs. We offer employers a suite of employee giving software packages, tools, and resources.
- Employee Donors – Through our work with charities and employers, we inspire individual donors to connect with great causes, support nonprofits in a recurring, sustainable manner, and make a personal, social impact.
- We offer a full suite of employee giving and engagement tools, including easy-to-use workplace giving technology platforms ranging from a straightforward, out-of-the-box option, to a comprehensive platform that integrates social media, crowdfunding, team volunteering, and more. Each of our solutions is tailored to fit an employer's specific needs and social impact goals, and deliver personalized, highly social online giving experiences.
- We generate sustainable unrestricted financial support for member charities through the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC), state and local giving campaigns and private sector workplace giving campaigns.
- We provide charitable funds management services to nonprofits and private and public sector employers while maintaining a resolute commitment to transparency and accountability.
- We provide comprehensive consulting services with expertise in employee engagement, corporate social responsibility (CSR), workplace giving program and strategy development, benchmarking, analysis, and more.
The success of America's Charities is derived from an engaged board of directors and a dedicated staff. Together, our work is guided by these core values:
Culture of Collaboration and Excellence: By passionately working together with all stakeholders, we challenge each other to achieve the highest levels of professional excellence.
Dedication to Diversity and Integrity: Embracing diversity and delivering the utmost value to our stakeholders, we believe integrity is the foundation of our individual and collective actions that drives an organization of which we are proud.
Commitment to Engagement and Connectivity: With an innovative and empowering spirit, we engage all stakeholders, and the greater society at large, through solutions and ideas that shape social responsibility trends and advance sustainable, effective philanthropy.
To learn more about our solutions for employers and nonprofits, click here to contact us.
Click here to learn about our team and office locations.