One of America's Charities' core services is supporting employers and nonprofits through workplace giving by:
- Offering a holistic, easy-to-use private sector workplace giving technology platform that offers a personalized, highly social online employee-giving experience.
- Generating sustainable unrestricted financial support for member charities through the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC), state and local giving campaigns and private sector workplace giving campaigns.
- Providing charitable funds management services to nonprofit charitable organizations and private sector employers, while maintaining a resolute commitment to transparency and accountability.
- Providing comprehensive consulting services with expertise in employee engagement, corporate social responsibility and workplace giving program and strategy development, benchmarking, analysis, and more.
But What Exactly is Workplace Giving?
Workplace giving campaigns can take many different forms, but they are typically annual, employer-sponsored programs that offer employees the opportunity to make a charitable contribution through payroll deduction.
There are three sectors of campaigns administered annually:
(1) The Combined Federal Campaign (CFC)
- Established by the United States government in 1961 as a way for federal workers to support charity, the CFC is one of the world’s largest annual workplace charity campaigns and has raised more than $8 billion for nonprofits since its inception.
- Approximately 9.9 million federal employees (civilian, military, postal workers, and federal retirees) are solicited annually. The CFC is not a single campaign though; rather it is comprised of 30+ zones throughout the United States and overseas that typically takes place between September and December each year. Each of these zones has a unique list of participating charitable organizations. Please log into the CFC's donor pledging site: https://cfcgiving.opm.gov/welcome for the complete CFC Charity List and to find more information about your specific CFC zone.
(2) State and Local Public Sector Campaigns
- Workplace giving campaigns that include public sector employees paid through public funds (i.e. state, municipal, county, public school, public college, and university employees).
- Participating members of America’s Charities’ State and Local campaign program benefit from the opportunity to have to state and local employee donors in approximately 100 campaigns - state, city, county - around the country.
- Most states have unique registration requirements for charities that participate in any type of fundraising activity. You must be registered with the state before participating in campaigns within that state.
- If your nonprofit is not participating in America's Charities' State and Local campaign program, you're leaving money on the table! America’s Charities’ Client Engagement Services team can walk you through the State and Local campaign program to see if it’s a good fit for your organization. Click here to contact us.
(3) Private Sector Campaigns
- Workplace giving campaigns conducted annually by private corporations or organizations.
- Between private sector campaigns that list America’s Charities members, and private sector campaigns that America’s Charities manages, our eligible members are presented to more than one million employees in more than 100 private sector campaigns each year.