One of America's Charities' core services is supporting employers and nonprofits through workplace giving by:
- Offering a suite of holistic, easy-to-use workplace giving solutions that offer a personalized, highly social online employee-giving experience. By 'suite' we mean technology platforms, plus back-end support funds management, end-to-end customer and employee support, and more. One size does not fit all companies; we provide a range of high-tech and high-touch options to meet your needs and not the other way around.
- Generating sustainable, unrestricted financial support for member charities and other nonprofits through workplace giving campaigns.
- Managing the back-end charitable funds for companies and nonprofits as it relates to workplace giving opportunities, while maintaining a resolute commitment to transparency and accountability.
- Providing comprehensive consulting services with expertise in workplace employee giving program and strategy development, benchmarking, analysis, and more.
But What Exactly is Workplace Giving?
If you work for a company, organization, or the federal government, chances are you've had the opportunity to participate in a workplace giving program. Workplace giving campaigns can take many different forms, but they are typically annual, employer-sponsored programs that offer employees the opportunity to make a charitable contribution through recurring payroll deduction and other payment methods. Payroll deduction giving specifically makes it easy and efficient to make tax-deductible donations to the charities you care about with donations taken directly out of your paycheck and distributed to charities in a cost-efficient manner that reduces their administrative and fundraising burden.
There are three workplace giving sectors administered annually:
(1) Private Sector Campaigns
- Workplace giving campaigns conducted annually by businesses - public and private.
- Between private sector campaigns that America’s Charities manages, and private sector campaigns that list America’s Charities members, our eligible members are presented to more than two million employees in more than 200 private sector campaigns each year.
(2) The Combined Federal Campaign (CFC)
- Established by the United States government in 1961 as a way for federal workers to support charity, the CFC is one of the world’s largest annual workplace charity campaigns and has raised more than $8 billion for nonprofits since its inception.
- Approximately 9.9 million federal employees (civilian, military, postal workers, and federal retirees) are solicited annually. The CFC is not a single campaign though; rather it is comprised of 30+ zones throughout the United States and overseas that typically takes place between September and December each year. Each of these zones has a unique list of participating charitable organizations. Please log into the CFC's donor pledging site: https://cfcgiving.opm.gov/welcome for the complete CFC Charity List and to find more information about your specific CFC zone.
(3) State and Local Public Sector Campaigns
- Workplace giving campaigns that include public sector employees paid through public funds (i.e. state, municipal, county, public school, public college, and university employees).
- Participating members of America’s Charities’ State and Local campaign program benefit from the opportunity to have to state and local employee donors in approximately 100 campaigns - state, city, county - around the country.
- Most states have unique registration requirements for charities that participate in any type of fundraising activity. You must be registered with the state before participating in campaigns within that state.
- If your nonprofit is not participating in America's Charities' State and Local campaign program, you're leaving money on the table! America’s Charities’ Client Engagement Services team can walk you through the State and Local campaign program to see if it’s a good fit for your organization. Click here to contact us.
The Collective Power of Workplace Giving:
Whether you pledge $1 or $50 per paycheck through workplace giving, your support can make all the difference when you combine your charitable contribution with the collective generosity of your peers and employees from companies all across the globe. And because charities know how much money they can expect to receive from workplace giving donations, they can plan how to use your contribution more strategically and make a stronger impact. Recurring donations are particularly helpful because it means charities can focus their efforts providing assistance where it is needed most around the world, rather than spending time and resources on fundraising.
Thanks to contributions made by you and employees all over the country, roughly $5 billion is raised through workplace giving each year, empowering America’s Charities and our nonprofit members to address a range of causes including education, human rights, hunger, poverty, animal services, research, health services, disaster recovery and support for veterans and law enforcement. On behalf of our alliance of 100+ local, national and global charities - thank you for your support!
Is your donation really enough to ‘make a difference’?
Yes! Take the following example. While you may only think about the amount you’re donating to a charity this year, there are thousands of other employees who are donating a similar amount. And when you do the math, your contribution truly adds up! Together, we are able to make a difference.
How to Give at Work:
Step 2: Donate to your favorite charities through your workplace giving program! Click here to learn more about each of America's Charities' members. (Follow America's Charities on Twitter (@AmerCharities), Facebook and LinkedIn for interesting charity statistics and facts).
Bring Workplace Giving to Your Company!
Contact us now to get started: