National Hunger and Homeless Awareness Week
By America's Charities on October 16, 2019
National Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week is an annual program that brings people together to raise awareness for the problems of hunger and homelessness through educational, service, fundraising, and advocacy events.
In recognition of National Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week November 16-24, 2019, America's Charities is celebrating the following members who are making a difference in the fight to end hunger and homelessness.
One of the most cost-efficient ways you can support these nonprofits is to donate to them via payroll deduction through your employer's workplace giving program (Don't have a program? Click here to have your employer contact our team.) Click on each charity's name below to learn more about their work, and to make a donation now!
Provide food and support through community coordination:
- Connecticut Food Bank
- Feeding America
- Food for Others, Inc.
- Meals on Wheels America
- Share Our Strength (No Kid Hungry)
Provide food, shelter, counseling and support:
Support for individuals and families struggling with poverty:
- A Wider Circle
- Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Arlington, Inc.
- Christian Appalachian Project
- Lions Club International Foundation
- Lorton Community Action Center
- Operation Warm
- The Shepherd's Table
Provide affordable housing and support:
- Good Shepherd Housing
- Habitat for Humanity of DC, Inc.
- Habitat for Humanity of Northern Virginia, Inc.
- Mercy Housing
- Rebuilding Together Alexandria
- Rebuilding Together Montgomery County