Current Membership Criteria for National Nonprofit Organizations
Nonprofit membership eligibility is based on meeting standards for inclusion in the U.S. Federal Government’s Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) and other public sector workplace giving campaigns.
National nonprofits are eligible to apply for participation in the CFC. The CFC is the only authorized solicitation of employees in the Federal workplace on behalf of charitable organizations (5 CFR Part 950.102 (a).) There are approximately 160 ‘local’ federal campaigns throughout the United States and overseas.
Once accepted as a nonprofit member, national members are also presented to private sector employers for inclusion in their campaigns. National members may also choose to participate in our State and Local Program, for an additional fee.
America’s Charities Nonprofit Membership Application
Here are some of the documents that must be submitted as part of the nonprofit membership application process (depending on type of membership selected).
- IRS 501(c)(3) Determination Letter
- IRS Form 990 (accrual method of accounting only)
- Financial Audit prepared in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS) (must be for same fiscal period as IRS Form 990)
- Detailed Description of Services for 15 or more states or one foreign country (National Members only)
- Detailed Description of Services for local Washington, D.C., area (Community First Members only)
- Bylaws and Articles of Incorporation
- Listing of Board of Directors
- Impact stories and narratives including 25- and 50-word descriptions, and a one-page description of services, for use in print and digital marketing
- Other documents may be required for participation in our State and Local Program
To learn more about our nonprofit solutions or if you're interested in becoming a member, click here to contact us.