Fun Ideas for Engaging Employees and Raising Money for Charity
By Alysia Smith on August 15, 2021
Planning your next big employee charitable giving campaign (or trying to get a program off the ground for a first time)? Here are some fresh ideas for engaging employees and putting the "fun" into fundraising. Draw some inspiration from the infographic below and use the following timetable to help plan your company's campaign activities:
Month Campaign Starts
- Hold campaign kickoff event to jump-start your campaign. Entice your employees to participate by using door prizes, games, featured charity speakers, and a special address from your senior leadership.
- Track your results to manage the campaign and ensure you’re on track to meet your goals.
- Prepare and report mid-campaign results to leadership, as well as with employees to keep them updated on how much has been raised and as a friendly reminder to participate.
- Hold charity fair or other fun events like weekly “brown-bag lunch events” featuring speakers from partner charities to bring the message of the good the campaign does directly to the employees.
Month Campaign Ends
- Send final reminders to participate as campaign draws to an end.
- Hold event to wrap-up campaign – this is a great way to celebrate everyone’s generosity, thank employees in person, and give one final reminder to participate.
- Survey employees about their experience to figure out what worked well and what needs improved for the next campaign.
- Pull and prepare final campaign reports to share results with leadership and staff.
Month After Campaign Ends
- Hold awards and recognition ceremony to thank employees and team members who helped coordinate the campaign.
- Send thank you notes to all employees, reporting the final campaign results and attributing those results to the employees’ participation.
1-2 Months After Campaign Ends
- Connect with your America’s Charities Outreach and Engagement Manager to review last year’s results, discuss goals and challenges, and learn about new resources and ways America’s Charities can support your campaign plans.
- Assess your internal resources and determine potential team members for your campaign planning committee.
Click here for a PDF copy of the graphic below.