Attention DMV-area Nonprofits! Do More 24 is May 17th
By America's Charities on April 11, 2018
In support of our members who serve the DC metro community, America's Charities has teamed up with United Way of the National Capital Area (United Way NCA) to support Do More 24, which will take place from noon on May 17th to noon on May 18th.
Do More 24 is a local movement that brings together nonprofit organizations, businesses, and people committed to making a difference. Powered by United Way of the National Capital Area (United Way NCA), Do More 24 is a 24-hour event that raises funds for nonprofits that serve the DC metro community.
Launched in 2013 to address the DC region's most pressing challenges, Do More 24 generated $1.67 million dollars for participating nonprofits in 2017.
Reasons for Nonprofits to Participate in Do More 24:
- There is $100,000 in prize money up for grabs and you can’t win any of it if you don’t participate.
- Do More 24 is 24 hours that is hyper-focused on the nonprofit community in the DMV.
- Do More 24 opens the door to gaining brand new donors. Once they’ve donated, they’re no longer “first-timers.” They’ve become prior donors who are much more likely to give again.
- Crowdfunding: when you encourage your donors to set up their own fundraising pages, you tap into a whole new network of donors.
- Collect new donor data. The data collected during Do More 24 will be prospects you can cultivate year round.
- Increase your organization’s profile. With the entire community using social media and the media the event attracts, it is a perfect opportunity to get in front of more people than any other time of the year.
- Friend-raising. This year, on the giving platform, your donors will have the ability to invite their friends to contribute through their individual fundraising pages. This expands your donor base exponentially.
- Increase your organization's brand presence. By advertising Do More 24 with major media outlets throughout the region, we help your organization build its brand without the expense.
- Develop trust. You’ll send donors to a website where all the organizations, like you, have been vetted and are legitimate. This helps donors know they can trust you.
For an overview of what's new this year and how your nonprofit can potentially win prize money on top of all the donations you get May 17-18th, click here.