America’s Charities Named ‘Best Nonprofit To Work For’ For Third Consecutive Year
Independent Research Group Recognizes America’s Charities’ Industry-Leading Employee Engagement and Satisfaction Practices
By America's Charities on April 3, 2023
Washington, D.C. – April 3, 2023 – America’s Charities, the nonprofit that mobilizes the power of giving as a leading provider of volunteering, workplace giving, employee assistance funds, matching gift, scholarships and other social impact solutions, today announced it was selected as a 2023 Best Nonprofit To Work For by the impartial research organization Best Companies Group (BCG). This is the third consecutive year that BCG has recognized America’s Charities as one of the 50 best employers in the industry, scoring well above industry benchmarks for staff engagement and satisfaction. The NonProfit Times published the full list of nonprofit awardees on April 1.
“We work with organizational leaders every day, helping them create corporate social responsibility strategies and programs to engage their employees and improve the world,” said Jim Starr, president and CEO of America’s Charities. “Employee engagement starts with how your people feel about where and with whom they work. It’s also about empowering them to shape their communities, providing incentives for meaningful participation, building-in opportunities to listen and learn from each other, and creating a purposeful culture where a workforce cares for one another and their organization’s mission. We employ these same best practices within our own organization, so being named a Best Nonprofit To Work For again this year, truly reflects who America’s Charities is and what we do to ‘help you help others.’ I am immensely proud to work with such incredibly talented, passionate people.”
To be considered for participation, organizations had to fulfill the following eligibility requirements:
- Must be in business a minimum of 1 year;
- Must be a nonprofit organization with 501 (c)(3) status;
- Have a facility in the United States;
- Have a minimum of 15 employees in the United States; and,
- An organization may enter as a group of nonprofits or as an individual organization as long as each participating organization is a separate legal entity (separate subsidiary). Branch offices may not enter separately from their parent nonprofit unless they are separate legal entities.
The 2023 Best Nonprofits To Work For evaluation process had two parts. BCG first analyzed America’s Charities’ policies, practices, philosophy, systems, and demographics, totaling 25 percent of the total evaluation score. Second, they surveyed staff to measure the quality and consistency of their employee experience, worth the remaining 75 percent of the evaluation. The scores were then combined to determine their final top 50 rankings out of the hundreds of nominated nonprofits.
For more information on The Nonprofit Times’ Best Nonprofits to Work For program, visit www.BestNonprofitstoWorkFor.com.