5 Ways You Helped Catholic Charities Transform Lives This Year
By Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Arlington on December 13, 2019
This holy holiday season, and throughout the entire year, at Catholic Charities we commit to serve those in need, and we invite you to join us. Each time you serve – by volunteering, offering financial support, donating food and clothing, teaching an English class – you are transforming lives and showing Christ’s love.
As we “count down” to the New Year, we reflect on five ways we were able to help transform lives this year:
- 815 uninsured patients received a total of 2,893 free medical visits.
- 4,000 volunteers gave their time to serve our clients.
- 2,735 people were helped with emergency assistance to prevent eviction or utility shutoff.
- 9,727 mental health counseling sessions were provided to 1,116 individuals at 23 locations.
- 1.25 million pounds of food were given to the poor.
We are so grateful to our volunteers and donors who make this all possible. Thanks to your generous donations, we can provide compassionate care to thousands of men, women, and children right here in our communities. Through supporting Catholic Charities 20 programs, you are making a positive impact in the community and sharing Christ’s love.
How can you help to spread these transformative services? In the spirit of giving rather than receiving, please consider a year-end gift to Catholic Charities. Visit www.ccda.net/donate to donate today. Imagine what we can accomplish together in 2020!