10th Annual Employer Awards Recognizes Corporate Leaders & Employees For Exemplary Workplace Giving Performance
By Sarah Ford on April 26, 2012
(Washington, DC, April 25, 2012) — Wednesday, April 25, 2012 at the Washington Post auditorium in Washington, DC, America’s Charities held its 10th Annual Employer Luncheon and Awards Program where prominent corporate citizens and community leaders were recognized for their workplace giving campaigns, which resulted in more than $89 million worth of donations raised by Federal employees who gave through CFC, Commonwealth of Virginia employees who gave through the state campaign, and America’s Charities’ national and local corporate partners and their employees.
Corporate partners from the DC region and across the country attended this luncheon and awards program where the following front runners were recognized for their exemplary workplace giving campaign performance:
- Washington Gas received the “Growth in Giving Award” for achieving the highest growth in workplace giving contributions
- AARP received the “Employee Involvement Award” for outstanding employee participation in workplace giving
- Legal & General America received the “Supporting Community Award” for their commitment to supporting local charities
- Tracye Funn from Washington Gas received the “Campaign Coordinator of the Year Award” for her excellence in vision and leadership in executing Washington Gas’s workplace giving
A special tribute took place, honoring the following companies and their employees who, over the past ten years, have given more than $51.8 million to the charities of their choice through workplace giving campaigns in partnership with America’s Charities:
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- ExxonMobil Corporation
- Washington Gas
- American Psychological Association
- Credit Union National Association
- National Multi Housing Council
Headquartered in the northern Virginia suburbs of Washington, D.C., with offices in the New York City metropolitan area; Orlando, Fla.; Austin, Texas; and Los Angeles, America’s Charities is a coalition of more than one hundred 501(c)3 national and local charities and has been one of the most respected leaders among all federations in private and public sector workplace campaigns and fiscal distribution since 1980.
Presented as a giving choice to nearly 10 million public and private sector employees in hundreds of workplace giving campaigns each year, we connect our member charities with a greater amount of potential donors by providing them access to more campaigns and serve as a change agent addressing how companies run donor-driven workplace giving campaigns by advocating for broader choice in giving.
To view photographs from this event, click here.
For more information, contact: