$50 =Cost to transport one dog or cat by ground from a rescue to an emergency placement partner to find a new home for adoption.
The Humane Society of the United States (The HSUS)
Want to donate through workplace giving? If you are a Federal or Postal employee/retiree, or military personnel, click here to donate through the Combined Federal Campaign donation portal. If you work in the private sector, or work for a State government or municipal agency, please contact your HR for a link to your donation portal.
We fight the big fights to end suffering for all animals.
Together with millions of supporters like you, we take on puppy mills, factory farms, the fur trade, trophy hunting, animal cosmetics testing and other cruel industries. We rescue and care for thousands of animals every year through our Animal Rescue Team’s work and other hands-on animal care services. We fight all forms of animal cruelty to achieve the vision behind our name: A humane society.
WE WORK TO:
- End the cruelest practices toward all animals.
- Care for animals in crisis.
- Build a stronger animal protection movement.
- Drive change in the United States and around the world
- Our rescue and direct care work responds to today’s cruelties; our education, legislative and policy work prevents tomorrow’s.
- The world’s greatest roster of experts in animal welfare.
- Rescuers and caregivers with years of experience.
- State directors working on animal issues around the country and passionate advocates pushing for policy change.
- Affiliated programs and a sanctuary providing direct care and medical help for animals in need.
- A global arm, Humane Society International, which has a presence in more than 50 countries.
Together, we’ve achieved a powerful legacy of change for animals and we’ll never stop fighting for them. Leaders in the humane movement ranked us the most effective animal organization in the country in a survey conducted by Guidestar’s Philanthropedia.
Join us. Everyone can play a role in combating the most severe forms of cruelty and abuse.