Provides information and resources to educate the public and foster sound public policy to end discrimination against lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer Americans.
Human Rights Campaign Foundation (HRC)
The HRC Foundation – a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization – envisions a world where all LGBTQ+ people can participate fully in the systems that shape our daily lives. Through public education, research, and policy and practice change, the Foundation’s impact can be felt in schools, on factory floors and corporate suites, and in places of worship. It touches LGBTQ+ lives from childhood through end-of-life, people of all races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, gender identities, abilities, and religious beliefs, in big cities and small towns, in the United States and across the globe.
Programs funded in part or in full through the HRC Foundation include:
• All Children - All Families is the only national program dedicated to LGBTQ+ inclusion in child welfare (foster care and adoption agencies) that provides resource development, technical assistance and training.
• Public Education & Research produces written resources and conducts original quantitative and qualitative research exploring the lived experiences of LGBTQ+ people.
• Global Partnerships provides capacity-building and leadership development opportunities to LGBTQ+ advocates from around the world.
• HBCU Program is the only national project that partners with Historically Black Colleges and Universities on establishing an LGBTQ+ inclusive campus climate.
• Health & Aging provides resources and training to help thousands of healthcare facilities adopt inclusive policies and practices to better serve LGBTQ+ patients and employees.
• HIV & Health Equity develops public education and capacity-building programs to address the disproportionate impact of HIV on Black and Latinx communities.
• Religion & Faith provides faith leaders with opportunities and tools to stand up for equality even as opponents attempt to weaponize faith against LGBTQ+ people.
• Transgender Justice Initiative leads economic empowerment programs, capacity-building initiatives, community engagement efforts, and public safety education campaigns that combat the discrimination faced by transgender people.
• Welcoming Schools is the only bias-based bullying prevention program in the nation to provide LGBTQ+ specific training and resources with an intersectional lens, developed for use in elementary schools.
• Workplace Equality advances equality for LGBTQ+ workers through the adoption and implementation of inclusive policies, practices, and benefits in the U.S. and beyond.
• Youth Well-Being provides professional development to over 5,000 youth-serving professionals annually, through the annual Time to THRIVE conference, webinars, participation at major national convenings, and by amplifying the stories of HRC Youth Ambassadors. The program also convenes HRC’s Parents for Transgender Equality Council.
LGBTQ+ people are in every community, every profession and every culture -- and yet often face enormous obstacles simply because of who we are. The HRC Foundation works to build capacity and change policies, practices, hearts and minds in a range of institutions that shape our daily lives.