Cancer Research for Children - CureSearch
CureSearch for Children’s Cancer’s mission is to end childhood cancer by driving targeted and innovative research with measurable results in an accelerated time frame.
At CureSearch, we fight to make treatments and cures possible for the 47 children diagnosed with cancer each day. We are laser-focused on:
- Funding projects that will save kids now. We support research projects with commercial potential that are anticipated to reach patients in the clinic or marketplace within three to five years. We also give preference to projects centered on areas of high unmet need, like cancers with the lowest survival rates, fewest or most damaging treatment options, etc.
- Providing opportunities for leaders across the global pediatric cancer ecosystem to communicate. We convene leaders from all areas — academia, regulatory, pharma, funding organizations, donors, volunteers, caregivers ,and advocates — to drive the collaborations necessary to accelerate the pace of children’s cancer research.
CureSearch has taken an innovative approach to research funding. With the guidance of our Scientific and Industry Advisory Councils, made up of world-class experts at the top of their fields, we fund only the strongest research proposals: those with both commercialization potential and the highest likelihood of finding new or safer treatments. We have three targeted mechanisms of funding:
- Our Acceleration Initiative projects are highly innovative, address a significant challenge in pediatric cancer drug development, and have a strong probably of clinical application within three years.
- Through our Young Investigator Program, CureSearch combats the loss of promising scientists from the field by providing significant financial support to investigators early in their research careers. These grants are limited to truly transformational science designed to deliver the next generation of cancer treatment to the clinic within three to five years.
- Our Catapult Awards fund cutting-edge clinical trials that will begin enrolling patients in less than a year. To ensure success, every applicant must be partnered with a for-profit company to ensure they have developed the necessary infrastructure to ultimately move the therapy from clinical trials into the marketplace.
Please contact us at 800-458-6223 or online at www.CureSearch.org to learn more about CureSearch for Children’s Cancer.