Supports HIV/AIDS education, prevention, and services programs in the Philadelphia region and increases public awareness about the impact of HIV on our communities.
AIDS Fund supports HIV/AIDS education, prevention, and services programs in the Philadelphia region and increases public awareness about the impact of HIV on our communities.
Some important facts:
- Every 13 minutes someone becomes infected with HIV in this country.
- 1 in 4 new HIV infections are among youth 13-24.
- 1 in 8 people living with HIV in this country do not know they are infected.
- There are 30,000 people living with HIV disease in the greater Philadelphia region.
- Over 1.2 Million people are believed to be living with HIV disease in the US today.
- Although pharmaceutical treatments have helped to slow the progression of HIV disease for some individuals, there is no cure.
- There is no vaccine to stop the spread of AIDS.
Since its founding, AIDS Fund has remained committed to the philosophy that by coming together, each individual can make a difference in the fight against HIV/AIDS in their community. Critical to the success of AIDS Fund is our ability to mobilize thousands of volunteers annually to produce events and to generate funds as participants in AIDS Walk Philly. These volunteers and donors are valued for their commitment and compassion and their community response to the AIDS epidemic. Currently 22 regional agencies are receiving funding from AIDS Fund to provide direct services and AIDS prevention initiatives.