- For Employers
- For Charities
- Give Now
- News & Views
- Success Stories
- About US
Resources for Members
America's Charities is a highly diverse, inclusive group of national and local charities providing hands-on services to millions of people in communities throughout the nation.
In support of our members, America's Charities offers an array of benefits:
Benefits of Membership
(Choice of membership in America's Charities, Children First- America's Charities or Health First - America's Charities for the CFC)
National members are eligible to apply for participation to the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC). The CFC is the only authorized solicitation of employees in the Federal workplace on behalf of charitable organizations (5 CFR Part 950.102 (a)). The CFC consists of approximately 200 local federal campaigns throughout the United States and overseas. National members are also automatically included in all Private Sector campaigns. Private Sector campaigns may not be chosen individually.
National members may also choose to participate in State and Local campaigns, for an additional fee.
America’s Charities Membership Application
Below is a sampling of documentation that must be submitted as part of our online membership application process (depending on type of membership selected).
- IRS 501c-3 Determination Letter
- IRS Form 990 (accrual method of accounting only)
- Financial Audit prepared in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS) (must be for same fiscal period as IRS Form 990).
- Detailed Description of Services for 15 or more states or 1 foreign country (National Members only).
- Administrative and Fundraising Rate explanation (for expenses exceeding 25%)
- Bylaws and Articles of Incorporation
- Listing of Board of Directors
- Promotional statements including 25, 50 and one-page descriptions of services
- Other documents may be required for participation of State and Local program
Please contact the Member and Campaign Services Department at (800) 458-9505 extension 4953;MembershipServices@charities.org with any questions regarding membership.