- For Employers
- For Charities
- Give Now
- News & Views
- Success Stories
- About US
What We Do
Our Organization and Structure
America’s Charities was organized in 1980 by a handful of charities looking for a better way to engage in workplace philanthropy. Today we are a not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) federation of over 140 national and local charity members in four different federations. Our members help millions of people in thousands of local communities every day by providing services that protect children, promote health, insure civil and human rights, broaden educational opportunities, protect animals, and protect the environment…among a broad variety of other critically needed services.
America's Charities is governed by an independent Board of Directors. Members of the board are not compensated for their services. The Board includes corporate, charity and not-for-profit executives.
Our headquarters is located in Chantilly, Virginia, near Dulles Airport, in the Washington, D.C. area. Regional offices are located in the New York/New Jersey metropolitan area; Orlando, Florida; Austin, Texas; and Los Angeles, California. We currently employ about 30 staff.
Our Program Services
To accomplish our mission, America’s Charities provides the following program services to members:
- Application Service – Assistance to ensure accurate completion of members’ applications for participation in workplace giving programs, submission of applications for members, and completion of any necessary appeals.
- Review and Verification Service – During application process, verification of fiscal and programmatic integrity of members to insure they meet the requirements of the campaigns in which they participate.
- Representation of Members – Representation on charity members at campaign events and functions.
- Information Distribution – Publicizing the services of member charities to potential donors in the workplace.
- Expansion – Research and follow-up action to access new campaigns, companies and donors in order to expand the pool of funds potentially available to our member charities.
- Campaign Assistance – Liaison with employer-based campaigns in order to best position member charities for success.
- Fiscal Services – Collection and distribution of pledge data and funds to member charities in an efficient and effective manner.
- Training – Helping member organizations and corporate volunteers benefit from greater employee engagement in workplace giving campaign; more fully understand and comply with federal, state and local regulations governing these campaigns; and track recent trends in corporate and individual philanthropy
- Marketing – Creating and delivering programs that listen to and speak to the concerns of our donors, as well as cut through the clutter of messages appealing for action and help.