Bring more resources to the nonprofits that are changing our world:
We can all agree: there are real challenges in the world, and nonprofits are tackling those challenges with gusto. Read the stories of any one of our 140+ nonprofit members, and you'll find at the heart a charity who has a determined mission and singular motivation for solving a serious problem.
We can also agree that nonprofits need support to sustain their missions. There are a variety of paths to doing so, but workplace giving is one of the absolute best methods -- and yet it is often overlooked. We could go on and on about why workplace giving matters, and we have, but here are the overarching reasons why workplace giving is so important:
It's better for donors.
- Donors are in the driver's seat. Donors get to choose the charities they to give to and the method of payment.
- The charities to choose from are pre-vetted and donations are tax-deductible.
- Donors can give more over time. A little is deducted from paychecks all year long which means donors don't feel the impact all at once and can make a more generous gift overall.
- It's easy to do.
- Donors make a real difference all year long.
It's better for nonprofits.
- Workplace giving is a single, coordinated appeal, instead of hundreds of appeals and drives and fundraising events, decreasing the administrative burden on charities significantly.
- Charities receive one check quarterly for multiple donations - again, reducing their administrative requirements.
- Donations are unrestricted, so nonprofits can use funds in areas where they are needed most.
- Nonprofits can count on funds all year long and thereby sustain its programs, services, and day-to-day operations throughout the year.
- More support is provided because workplace giving donors give on average five times more.
It's better for employers who host workplace giving campaigns because workplace giving:
- Engages employees.
- Attracts and retains talent.
- Builds a strong culture.
- Achieves greater social impact.
- Meets employees' expectations.
More about the employer experience can be found on our new research report, Snapshot 2017.
Won't you join the workplace giving movement?
Through our work with businesses manage their workplace giving programs and nonprofits raise money through the workplace, America’s Charities is poised to raise $1 billion for worthy causes by 2026. Be part of the workplace giving movement and help us bring more resources to the nonprofits that are changing our world.
Already an America's Charities Client or Member?
Clients: Log into our Client Resource Center for more examples of ways your business and employees can make an impact, along with resources to help grow your program and leverage America's Charities' workplace giving solutions.
Members: Log into our Member Resource Center to download the member toolkit, read the latest news impacting you, take advantage of the benefits we offer members, learn about the discounts we offer through our partnerships, and more.