This year's event has been divided into two parts:
- The morning sessions from 10 am-Noon are for America's Charities nonprofit members only.
- At 12:30 pm, we invite all of our guests - nonprofit members, private and public sector employers, and partners - to join us for lunch, followed by an afternoon packed with best practices and discussions around workplace giving, employee engagement, and related areas of philanthropy.
10:00 - 10:45 am | Membership Assembly
This session is for America's Charities nonprofit members only.
- About this session: What is the status of workplace giving as a practice and where does America’s Charities currently stand? Our President and CEO will provide an up-to-the-minute briefing on everything you need to know as a member nonprofit.
11:00 am - 12:10 pm | Our Core Program: Campaign Trends and Best Practices
This session is for America's Charities nonprofit members only
- About this session: Hear directly from our team on core nonprofit services provided to members, plus additional opportunities for members throughout the year. This discussion, exclusive to America’s Charities members, will include information on workplace giving campaign access, pledge performance, best practices, marketing, and promotion.
12:30 - 1:30 pm | Buffet Lunch
We invite all event guests to join us for lunch, networking, and for all of the afternoon sessions.
1:30 - 2:30 pm | The Giving Connection: Investing in Your Collective Impact
Featured Speakers: Matthew Nelson, Corporate Vice President of Corporate Responsibility, New York Life; Heather Lofkin Wright, Corporate Responsibility Director, PwC US; and Wendi Safstrom, Executive Director SHRM Foundation
- About this session: Typical employee wellness program elements include things like health club membership discounts, healthy choices on the lunchroom menu, step competitions or walk/run discounts, and smoke-free policies. But another great way to invest in employee health is through workplace giving. A wide range of research has linked different forms of generosity to better health. In fact, UnitedHealth Group’s 2017 Doing Good is Good for You Study found that 75 percent of U.S. adults feel physically healthier just by volunteering. The mental and emotional benefits of volunteering are even greater, with 93 percent reporting an improved mood, 79 percent reporting lower stress levels, and 88 percent reporting increased self-esteem by giving back. Furthermore, including an Employee Assistance Fund as part of your workplace giving and employee wellness program can help employees cope with personal issues that can have a negative impact on their job performance. This panel will explore how such programs help companies set standards for employee engagement and foster a healthier, more positive workplace. Learn how all of these factors drive a company’s success – both internally and within the greater community.
2:40 - 3:10 pm | Why High Tech + High Touch = Greater Impact
- About this session: The best giving programs combine premier giving technology with sincere, in-person engagement to provide a meaningful experience for employees. Hear from our staff on effective ways to maximize your giving program and incentivize employee giving beyond the confines of a technology platform.
3:20 - 4:20 pm | Saving the World One Paycheck at a Time
Featured Speakers: Diahann Smith, Senior Vice President, Human Resources at National Cooperative Bank (NCB); Steve Greenhalgh, Co-Founder and Principal at CSR Matters; Ashley Helsing, Director of Government Relations, National Down Syndrome Society; and Kat Williams, Director of Development, Animal Welfare League of Arlington
- About this session: In early 2019, America’s Charities launched an education campaign about the many facets and benefits of employee giving, and ultimately its positive influence on the world around us. Join us for the next installment of this important discussion and for a live and lively debate on where workplace giving is going, exclusive to conference attendees. We will hear from industry stakeholders on the real-world impact of workplace giving: how it affects nonprofits, employers, employees, and how it drives actionable change in our communities.
4:20 - 4:30 pm | Closing Remarks
4:45 - 6:00 pm | Networking Happy Hour
- Join us for a networking happy hour hosted by America’s Charities at The Solarium (located on the 14th floor - just one floor up from our conference hall)