$100 (about $4 per pay period) provides brand new winter coats to five children living in need, enabling them to get to school with pride and play outside on cold winter days.
Operation Warm provides warmth, confidence, and hope to children in need through the gift of brand new winter coats. A brand new coat offers a child physical and emotional warmth, the confidence to socialize and succeed, and hope of a brighter future.
We are a national organization that began in 1998 when our founder, Dick Sanford, purchased 58 coats for local kids in eastern Pennsylvania. Since then, we have expanded to cover all of North America and have provided a gift of warmth to over 3 million children. Last year we served 405,000 children across the US and Canada, but the need is so much greater. Nearly 14 million American children live in poverty.
In 2018, we celebrated our 20th year of partnering with community organizations, corporations, foundations and compassionate individuals. For our partners, who act as extensions of our mission into their communities, we're "more than a coat!"
- We provide warmth, of course. But our brand new coats also provide confidence from pride in ownership of a good looking, colorful coat that kids choose themselves, and hope from the understanding that someone in their community cares about them.
- We help kids get to school regardless of the weather, to gain an education on even the coldest days, and to receive meals and other support services only available in schools.
- We grow volunteer networks in communities and companies through hands-on events that allow volunteers to see the impact of their time and effort in the eyes of a child.
- Our brand new coats are a gateway to schools, organizations and services. Gifting our coats dramatically increases participation in health fairs, outreach initiatives and community events.
- We connect community members, pairing organizations like Rotarians, faith-based groups and firefighters with high need public schools and children’s service organizations.