Since 1986, Believe In Tomorrow has provided over 800,000 overnight accommodations to families from every state in the U.S. and more than 82 countries worldwide.
Believe In Tomorrow Children's Foundation
WE BELIEVE in keeping families together during a child’s medical crisis, and that the gentle cadence of normal family life has a powerful influence on the healing process.
The Believe In Tomorrow Children’s Foundation provides exceptional hospital and respite housing services to critically ill children and their families. We believe that the highest standards of service and unparalleled hospitality help to create a unique healing environment. Our exclusive programs bring comfort, joy and hope to children and their families, enabling them to renew their spirits both mentally and physically. Since 1986, Believe In Tomorrow has provided over 800,000 overnight accommodations to families with critically ill children, from every state in the U.S. and more than 82 countries worldwide.
Hospital Housing - Believe In Tomorrow’s Hospital Housing program provides overnight accommodations to children and families receiving treatment at the world-renowned Johns Hopkins Children’s Center in Baltimore, Maryland. Whether traveling from the furthest corners of the United States or just a few hours away, families can stay together and support each other during a child’s illness while staying at Believe In Tomorrow’s hospital housing facilities.
• The Children’s House at Johns Hopkins, a Believe In Tomorrow project, opened its doors in 1993. More than 3,000 volunteers and over 300 companies joined forces with Believe In Tomorrow to build and furnish this “home away from home” for Johns Hopkins pediatric patients and their families. This facility serves as a model for pediatric hospital housing throughout the country and is just steps away from the entrance to the hospital.
• The Believe In Tomorrow Children’s House at St. Casimir is the first stand-alone hospital housing facility nationwide dedicated to the long-term housing needs of pediatric bone marrow transplant patients, their parents and siblings. Typically, these patients receive treatment for 60 to 120 days following a transplant, and are required to reside within 15 minutes of the hospital. Families staying in one of the facility’s eight apartments can take advantage of the several large common areas, the enclosed garden courtyard and the roof-top deck. They can walk along the waterfront and enjoy the amenities of an upscale urban community, while living in a building that promotes group support during long-term hospital stays and treatment.
Respite Housing - Believe In Tomorrow developed the concept for the first pediatric respite program in the U.S. This program has served thousands of critically ill children and their families since 1986. Respite housing provides these families with the opportunity to escape from the stressful routine of medical treatments at a relaxing mountain or beach location. Often, this experience is the first time these families can enjoy each other’s company away from the tensions and anxieties of the medical world. By relaxing in a vacation setting, free of charge, families renew themselves mentally and physically, and create lasting memories together. We currently have 5 respite facilities which can accommodate 9 families at a time, and have plans to begin construction of 2 additional facilities in 2017.
• House on Wisp Mountain - Located in the mountains of western Maryland, overlooking Deep Creek Lake, the house is an extraordinary four-bedroom, three-bath log cabin that offers families year-round amenities, including snow and water skiing, fishing, swimming, and miles of hiking and bike trails.
• House at Pinnacle Falls – This gorgeous mountain top retreat is located close to Ashville, NC in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains. The large three-bedroom, three-bath home is in a gated community. It boasts miles of professionally designed hiking trails and hundreds of waterfalls. You also have access to a spectacular lodge, fitness facilities and community pool.
• House By the Sea – Located in Ocean City, MD, The Children’s House By the Sea is comprised of five condo units, each with at least two bedrooms, one full bath, kitchen, dining and living room areas. The large decks are furnished with relaxation in mind and provide a whimsical beach environment for families who stay there.
• House on the Bay – Families can relax in this gorgeous bayfront three-bedroom house with a stunning view that overlooks the bay. Situated minutes from the ocean, families can enjoy beautiful sunsets, fishing off the back dock and all the activities Ocean City has to offer.
• House on Fenwick Island – This unique two-bedroom townhome is situated on a saltwater pond in a tranquil section of Fenwick Island, DE, just minutes from the Atlantic Ocean. Families can enjoy the community pool and tennis courts or relax and watch evening sunsets over the pond.
Military Initiative – The Believe In Tomorrow Military Initiative gives priority to members of the United States Armed Services who have a child with a life threatening illness. Armed Services families with a critically ill child often have a particularly difficult time. Treatment at military hospitals frequently means that families are far from home, without the support of extended family members. Military hospitals often lack the additional support services that surround larger civilian hospitals. And, all too frequently in today’s environment, one parent may likely be deployed in the midst of a child’s treatment.