$250 underwrites one capacity building workshop for our nonprofit arts education organizations
Arts and Humanities Council of Montgomery County
AHCMC is the designated Montgomery County non-profit agency with a 40-year history of providing grants and others critical services that support arts and humanities organizations, artists and scholars, and inspire broad civic participation in the arts and humanities. AHCMC ensures that Montgomery County has excellent and accessible cultural offerings through the management of several community based programs and services.
Major Programs and Services include:
- Administering County Government funding for the arts and humanities through cultural grants for individual artists and scholars, arts and humanities organizations, and arts education initiatives for youth and underserved populations.
- Providing in-school arts residences to public and private schools with high poverty rates. Residencies are provided by specially-trained arts integration teachers that use the arts to engage students and teachers in explorations of academic subjects such as math and reading.
- Providing arts-education grants to create special programs and classes for at-risk children and youth, the disabled, elderly, and other underserved audiences in collaboration with social service providers and Montgomery County Public Schools
- Serving the County's diverse residents via free or reduced-cost programs, directories, summer camp guides for parents and children, festivals, and more.
- Providing capacity building and professional development opportunities to cultural organizations that inform, enhance and strengthen leadership in the arts and humanities.
- Leading initiatives such as cooperative marketing for cultural organizations and the managing the County's cultural calendar, www.CultureSpotMC.Com, that helps cultural organizations affordably connect their programming with the County residents.
- Managing the County's collection of public art by working with County agencies, conservators, artist, developers to build community identity and create unique places by placing art in civic spaces.
- Supporting and sharing the stories of the County's native-born and international folk and traditional artists via a multimedia website www.montgomerytraditions.org.