- For Employers
- For Charities
- Give Now
- News & Views
- Success Stories
- About US
Featured Charity: Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF)
Education really pays off with this week's Featured Charity!
What our organization does:
Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF) supports and represents nearly 300,000 students attending its 47 member-schools that include public Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs), medical schools and law schools. TMCF is the only national organization to provide scholarships, programmatic and capacity building support to the 47 public HBCUs and to date has awarded more than $200 million in such assistance to its students and member-schools.
How you can make a difference:
Every dollar that is given to TMCF is essential to our member-school students. Donations help pay for scholarships and enable students to receive professional development through TMCF programs and conferences.
Here are some ways that you and your company can support TMCF and our member-school students:
How You Can Help:
- Make a donation on our web site or through your workplace giving campaign
- Make a gift in memory of or in honor of a loved one
- Planned Giving
- Support one of our programs – scholarships, Teacher Quality & Retention Program, Leadership Institute & Recruitment Fair, or our Civic Responsibility Conference
- Donate your vehicle
- Support our 25 for 25 Fundraising Campaign: As we embark on our 25th Anniversary year, we are proud to celebrate the hard work and achievements of our member-schools and the nearly 300,000 students they serve. We recognize the great strides we have made, but we are also reminded daily of the financial challenges that lie ahead of us. Today, these students depend on TMCF more than ever, and with your help we can continue to provide scholarships, leadership training and programmatic support to deserving students and faculty at our 47 member-schools.
How Your Company Can Help:
TMCF relies heavily on the generosity of its alumni, parents, corporations, partners and sponsors who believe in our mission of changing the world … one leader at a time. Your donations place you, as a sponsor, at the forefront of a critical need to lead in the production of our nations future great minds.
Some of unique partnerships we’ve formed with organizations and companies include:
- AT&T’s “It Can Wait” campaign: encouraging teens not to text while driving
- K&G Fashion Superstore & The Blair Underwood (BU) Collection’s "Purchase with a Purpose” campaign: a portion of the proceeds will be donated to TMCF in order to assist member-school students.
There are various ways your organization can team up with TMCF. It is our hope that you will find value in partnering with us. The reward is knowing that you are helping to shape the minds of the future, while upholding the value of a college education. For more details and to contact TMCF, click here.
Why we are successful:
TMCF is successful because we assist those who are not able to assist themselves financially. We measure our success based on the number of students we impact through job placement, graduation rates, and the capacity at which we are able to assist students and improve our programs. Companies may also include progress reports at the end of the cycle for a program they help fund.
92% of all students who attend TMCF member-schools rely on financial assistance in pursuit of a degree. With TMCF’s help, over 2 million young people have graduated from TMCF member-schools and 55% of TMCF member-school graduates go on to enroll in professional and graduate schools. More than 23,000 students who attend TMCF member-schools are enrolled in Bachelor’s Science, Technology, Education and Math (STEM) programs. Enrollment in STEM fields has increased 57% in the past 20 years at TMCF member-schools.
What we wish more people knew:
Nearly 1 in 7 bachelor degrees earned by African-Americans were earned at a TMCF member-school. TMCF member-schools make up 55% of all HBCUs and our member-school students make up 82% of the population of HBCU students in the nation. TMCFdoesn’t just offer scholarships; we offer Programmatic Support, Recruitment Fairs, Student Learning Institutes, and a variety of services that benefit students and supporters.
Click here for details.
Want to learn more about Thurgood Marshall?
Connect with Thurgood Marshall!