- For Employers
- For Charities
- Give Now
- News & Views
- Success Stories
- About US
Featured Charity: Catholic Charities Diocese of Arlington
Catholic Charities’ programs and services help mend and restore individuals from brokenness, setting them on a pathway of growth and potential.
What our organization does:
Catholic Charities’ programs and services help mend and restore individuals from brokenness, setting them on a pathway of growth and potential. We aim to help people with their immediate needs as well as help a person meet his or her long-term desire to regain self-sufficiency and feel whole. We offer transitional housing, family counseling, emergency assistance, adoption services, immigrant education and legal assistance, senior services, and job search assistance. Catholic Charities serves all in need, regardless of race or religion. One thing that makes us unique is that we serve the whole person. We are a full service agency that is professionally staffed and trained with 120 employees and more than 1,500 volunteers. We serve 21 counties and 7 independent cities across Virginia, reaching from the D.C. border to the Northern Neck past Fredericksburg to the Shenandoah mountains along the West Virginia border.
How you can help:
Given limited resources, Catholic Charities is limited financially in what emergency assistance it can provide to those who are in danger of eviction or utility cutoff. Less than 13% of those who are eligible for our financial help receive it. Fundraisers to benefit our emergency assistance program are a key need. Here are some other ways you can help:
- Renovate our homeless shelter: Catholic Charities would also like to renovate parts of our homeless shelter for men, Christ House in Alexandria, as part of its 40th anniversary year serving the community. Flooring, painting and computer equipment replacement are just some of the needs. Financial and in-kind support could help upgrade the shelter.
- Financial and in-kind support: At our St. Martin de Porres Senior Center in Alexandria, we hope to establish a garden walk around the property to allow seniors to exercise and enjoy the outdoors during the day. We need financial and in-kind support to build this outdoor walkway and landscape the area properly for the seniors to really enjoy it.
- Volunteer opportunities: Volunteer opportunities with Catholic Charities abound in many locations, including the opportunity for groups to assist with projects. We welcome those who have just a little time or a lot to volunteer.
How your company can help:
Catholic Charities partners with donors and other nonprofit organizations to maximize services. We have strategic alliances to strengthen existing programs, sponsor new programs, and market companies through our event promotions.
- Christ House is partnering with Linden Resources Inc. on a workforce development program to enhance our clients’ readiness for employment.
- Our Immigrant Services office receives pro bono assistance at naturalization workshops and on complicated cases from legal firms in the Washington area such as, Arent Fox LLP.
- During our Fall Harvest food drive, the Lorton branch of the Capital Area Food Bank is acting as a drop off location for food donations.
- Other companies have donated in-kind services such as food or supplies to support our programs. Partners include Starbucks, Jimmy Johns, Freddie Mac, Teel Construction, Accenture, Sheehy Auto Stores, Wells Fargo, Kentucky Fried Chicken, BB&T, and M.E. Flow, to name just a few.
Whatever service your company provides, Catholic Charities’ wide range of programs can benefit from your support. Simply contact our offices to get involved.
What we wish more people knew:
Catholic Charities has a broad mission and a wide range of services that are not well known, such as our family counseling and job search assistance activities. We also leverage and are heavily dependent on the skills of volunteers, operating with a small staff of about 120 employees versus over 1700 volunteers.
Why we're successful:
Recognizing that each individual is unique, Catholic Charities is dedicated to treating the whole person and providing the tools necessary to transform his or her life. Our staff and volunteers are very committed people who truly care and are compassionate about serving those in need. Our focus is providing quality services that really help the less fortunate. With our array of services we are able to link individuals to a range of resources and referrals to move them towards healing and living a more productive life.
Catholic Charities also models true partnership, working collaboratively with our community partners to enhance and grow our services. We recognize the value added to social service delivery with the involvement of business and foundation partners from our community.
Learn more about Catholic Charities Diocese of Arlington
31st Anniversary of the Catholic Charities Ball: Friday, February 1, 2013
For more information, contact Barbara Caudle at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-937-3988.
Connect with Catholic Charities Diocese of Arlington: