- For Employers
- For Charities
- Give Now
- News & Views
- Success Stories
- About US
Featured Charity: Angels' Place, Inc.
Committed to the belief that every life is valuable, Angels' Place, Inc., helps single parents who are low-income, full-time students, so that they may secure satisfying employment, establish careers and become self-sufficient citizens.
What our organization does:
Committed to the belief that every life is valuable, the mission of Angels' Place, Inc., a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization, is to provide single parents who are low-income, full-time students with the help needed to complete their education, so that they may secure satisfying employment, establish careers and become self-sufficient citizens. Through no-pay child care and family support programs that embody the best practices of education, family and child development, Angels' Place provides a loving, nurturing, safe and healthy environment that every parent and child deserves.
All three of our centers are accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
How you can help and upcoming events you can attend:
How you can help:
1. Donate items from the “Wish List:” Each of our three centers has a wish list of needed items that we would love to receive, such as the following items:
- Cereals and snacks for infants and children
- 100% fruit juice
- Dishwasher soap
- Baby wipes
- Large size bibs
- Paper towels and more.
To view a complete list of items needed, click here.
How your company can help:
1. Sponsor our Halo Award Dinner: There are opportunities to support our Halo Award Dinner fundraiser by becoming a corporate sponsor or donating an item to our silent auction. The details for both are outlined on the attached link below.
- When: Wednesday, October 17th, 2012
- Where: LeMont Restaurant (Mt. Washington, Pittsburgh, PA)
- What: Angels’ Place is hosting its annual fall fundraiser called the Halo Award Dinner. The event begins at 5:30 pm with registration, silent auction and cocktail hour. The formal program begins at 7 pm.
- RSVP: Click here to RSVP and learn more details about this year’s honorees and event.
2. Contribute up to $10,000 to our children’s program in lieu of paying up to $10,000 in state taxes: Businesses paying taxes in Pennsylvania have a win-win opportunity to receive state tax credits on a dollar-for-dollar basis for contributions made for scholarships for preschoolers at Angels’ Place. Companies such as United States Steel Corporation, Equitable Gas Company, Highmark Keystone Health Plan, Allegheny Ludlum Corporation, Northwest Savings Bank, and others assist Angels’ Place by contributing up to $10,000 to our children’s program in lieu of paying up to $10,000 in state taxes. Details about these Pre-K scholarship tax credits are at www.newpa.com/eitc.
Some companies, such as Valspar, provide in-kind donations of products that Angels’ Place needs. Others, including Kohl’s and PNC, provide release time to employee groups, which perform interior and exterior work on our facilities, help prepare bulk mailings, or assist with special events.
How your donation will make a difference:
This fall our children’s program is able to match credit card donations of $25 or more on The Pittsburgh Foundation’s Day of Giving, which is October 3rd. On that day donations made through www.pittsburghgives.org are awarded a pro-rated portion of the Foundation match pool. Whether you make a contribution on October 3rd, today, or through your company’s workplace giving program, here are some ways your donation will have a significant impact.
Why we're successful & what we wish more people knew:
The team at Angels’ Place is committed to best practices and strives for excellence in working with children and their families. We create a family-centered environment that promotes hopefulness and solution-focused interactions.
We wish more people knew how deeply we appreciate the support of kind and caring individuals who see value in this mission and so generously give of their “time, talent, and treasure” to make dreams come true. Our dedicated team of professionals is surrounded by volunteers and donors who believe in Angels’ Place’s efforts and lovingly partner with single student parents and their children to create brighter futures.
The parents in our program are among the most dedicated and hard-working individuals ever known! They are accomplishing goals every day that better position themselves for obtaining meaningful employment and better position their children for future academic success.
To help people know about our organization, we are always glad to send out email updates or mailed quarterly newsletters to those interested in our work.
Connect with Angels' Place: